Individualised anaphylaxis care plan template
An individualised anaphylaxis care plan should be completed by the school for all students with an ASCIA Action Plan for Anaphylaxis or an ASCIA Action Plan for Allergic Reactions, in consultation with the student’s parent.
Students with an ASCIA Action Plan (red or green) should have an individualised anaphylaxis care plan. These plans may have a different name in different jurisdictions. Regardless of the name of the plan, the purpose is the same.
The purpose of the individualised anaphylaxis care plan is to document the student’s allergies, treatment to be administered in the event of an allergic reaction including anaphylaxis, and the risk minimisation strategies that will be put into place to prevent exposure to known allergens.
This template has been provided to help schools develop individualised anaphylaxis care plans for the students in their school.
Schools should check their state and territory information to see if a state or territory specific plan template is required to be used.
Individualised anaphylaxis care plans should:
- be completed as soon as the student starts at the school or when school is informed about the student’s allergies.
- be reviewed each year and updated if the school is informed about changes to the student’s allergies.
- include a copy of the student’s current ASCIA Action Plan.
- include appropriate risk minimisation strategies that will be implemented to manage the student’s allergies for both on-site and off-site activities.
- be agreed to and signed by a parent.
Content updated November 2023.